Re: USB Mouse problems

From: Yedidyah Bar-David (didi_at_nonexisting.hamakor.org.il)
Date: Tue 14 Sep 2004 - 08:32:08 IDT

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 10:46:34PM +0300, ik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I changed the device in XF86Config-4, since your last replay and until now no problem what so ever regarding to the mouse.
>
> Thank you for the help,

Thanks for reporting. Actually, your reply makes me a bit disappointed.
I like gpm very much, but do not use it here (at tau), because I detect
the mouse at boot time and did not want to spend time on making both X
and gpm work. I did consider trying it now (during an upgrade we do from
RH73 to Debian Sarge), and this thread tells me probably not to try.

Anyone else with 'gpm -R' experience? Can anyone guess what was Ido's
real problem (maybe a bug in gpm)?

Ido - can you post your complete gpm configuration? The exact details
are distro-dependent, but you can simply run it (using the distro's
way - probably '/etc/init.d/gpm start') and see with 'ps' what the
final command line was.

--
Didi