An unexpected results when benchmarking Debian, Gentoo, Mandrake.

From: Shaul Karl (
Date: Wed 06 Aug 2003 - 07:31:57 IDT

  I don't like benchmarking because it looks as black MAGIA (magic?) to
me. I believe that with so many ingredients one can cook almost
anything. As you can see I hardly understand the issue of benchmarking.
The following was pursued after the DWN (Debian Weekly News),

  Copied from that URL's Conclusions section:

     A quite unexpected set of results. We fully expected much more
     significant variance between these Linux distros. We certainly
     expected Gentoo to lead the tests, which has not been the

    Shaul Karl,    shaul @ actcom . net . il
To unsubscribe, send mail to with
echo unsubscribe | mail