Re: [OFFTOPIC SARCASM] Re: re

From: Alexey Maslennikov (alexey.maslennikov_at_nonexisting.hamakor.org.il)
Date: Tue 10 May 2005 - 00:06:00 IDT

On Monday 09 May 2005 23:23, Baruch Even wrote:
> Omer Zak wrote:
> >>
> >>I do not wish to tolerate any reports of problems when using kernel
> >>2.6.0, because I can't tell if it's a bug that was fixed by then, or
> >>if it's an actual issue with the kernel.
> >
> > My Commodore 64 is suffering from slowness and insufficiency of memory;
> > and its display device is grievously short of pixels. Can anyone help?
>
> I can give you 64K of memory to make it a Commodore 128, it will be just
> like brand new. I'll throw in a disk drive so you can dump the
> cassettes, they are obsolete these days.

Leave your Commodor alone, this platform does not allow good scaling, even
doubling RAM amount... I think it's good time to upgrade to XT. You can even
install another 8088 instead of 8087 co-processor. Dual-CPU system would
allow greater throughput in multiuser enviroment. Yes, I know it demands
bigger initial investment, but the ROI is guaranteed in no more than 2 years.